“The Classroom” is directed at the Maryland Health Benefit Exchange’s consumer-assistance audience, made up of hundreds of connectors, producers and application counselors who help Marylanders enroll in health coverage.
As a professional, you will still get your formal training and certification through a Learning Management System as in the past — in fact, a new LMS platform is under development and will be ready this summer. “The Classroom” blog will supplement the formal training with additional information and updates. We intend it to be more conversational.
We invite your comments and questions. Our aim is to provide more clarity especially in a fast-moving environment.
Check here for updates on training, website releases, new tools and other helpful information as you help get Marylanders covered through the health insurance marketplace.
Topics to be covered in The Classroom
Here are a few topics to look out for in the coming weeks:
- New income calculator tool available on MarylandHealthConnection.gov, and improvements to the application income flow
- Helping consumers understand tax forms and reporting missing or incorrect 1095s
- VCLs, including why, when and how they are triggered
- Special Enrollment Period information and updates
- The disenrollment process, including disenrollment after late VCL document verifications for QHPs
- Links to recent issues of Medicaid Marge from DHMH
- Application tips
We want your help
To subscribe to The Classroom or suggest topics, email email@example.com.
We encourage you to also subscribe to “The Connection” blog on MarylandHealthConnection.gov, which provides consumer-friendly information and updates. Be sure to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube!