More than 289,000 enrolled. More than 122,000 enrolled in private Qualified Health Plans, double the total a year earlier. More than 1.7 million unique visitors to the website during the three months of open enrollment.
Those are some of the latest figures from the second open enrollment for Maryland Health Exchange, which began Nov. 2014 and ran through Feb. 15, 2015. Marylanders who had already begun the process on Feb. 15 were allowed to complete their enrollment by the end of February.
Some more numbers:
- 289,131 total enrolled.
- 87,007 in private Qualified Health Plans w/ Advanced Premium Tax Credit
- 35,771 in private QHP plans without subsidy
- 166,353 in Medicaid
- 88% of applicants determined eligible for financial assistance, up from 80% a year ago.
- Last year during Open Enrollment 1, 63,002 QHP and 232,075 Medicaid enrolled from Oct. 1, 2013 to March 31, 2014. Those figures were revised to 81,091 QHP and 376,850 Medicaid as of Sept. 20, 2014.
- 513,640 phone calls received
- 1,750,052 unique visitors to website
Some more data broken down at the county-level were presented to the board of the Maryland Health Benefit Exchange in March. Here’s that presentation. (Use scroll bar on right to see whole presentation.)