The Maryland Health Benefit Exchange (MHBE) provided Maryland’s small businesses access to the Small Business Health Care Tax Credit through implementation of the Small Business Health Options Program (SHOP) beginning in April 2014. The participating carriers have been certified by MHBE to offer SHOP plans. Small businesses may also purchase certified Stand-Alone Dental Plans.
Employer Section (If you are an employer who is interested in Maryland’s SHOP please see the Maryland Health Connection website.)
BenefitMall, the certified administrator for Maryland’s Small Business Health Options Program (SHOP), can provide your small business and employees with free help enrolling in the SHOP.
They are trained to provide expertise and support to make the best health insurance decisions for you and your employees, provide administrative support and manage the open enrollment process and deadlines.
The SHOP Administrator can:
- Help you choose a SHOP-authorized broker to provide guidance, expertise and support in making the best health insurance decisions for your employees and your budget
- Process your eligibility application to see if your small business can enroll in the SHOP
- Provide your business with easy administration of your health insurance, such as adding or dropping employees and different ways to pay your single monthly bill
- Manage the new hire and open enrollment process to notify you and your employees of any approaching deadlines
- Provide daily customer service support services to answer questions about an enrollment, termination, premium invoice or the administrative guidelines of your SHOP plan
Your input matters.
Please contact us MHBE.SHOP@maryland.gov for assistance, questions or comments.